Created by OnePlusYou

Sunday, September 23, 2007

I'm obsessed with the lunch blog over at Lunch in a Box. Also I have a thing for japanese bento boxes in general. So here's a picture of this week's lunch.




The compartmentalized box is from the Container Store. The red cloth thing is a sandwich mat that I made from PUL cloth that I ordered from a diaper sewing supply website. (very easy: cut a square, zig-zag stitch the edges, sew on velcro or a ribbon tie for closure.) The black roll is a cloth napkin I made from scrap cotton, wrapped around a spoon.

Lunch proper is:
1. watermelon radish-yogurt spread and swiss cheese sandwich on homemade (bread machine) wheat bread. (watermelon radishes actually look like watermelon because they're green on the outside and red on the inside. They are sweeter than normal radishes but still have a bite. The yogurt cuts the bite and then you add lime juice and garlic salt.)
2. two chewy granola bars because they are easy snacks. one for the morning and one for Civ Pro, which is at 3:25 pm and difficult to deal with.
3. applesauce. I usually get the all-natural stuff but this one, I just noticed, is full of high-fructose corn syrup. oh well.
4. Baked jerk tofu. "Jerk" stands for "Jamaican Jerk Seasoning," not "frat boy."
5. cherry tomatoes
6. kalamata olives (Sahara mart has 'em in bulk for cheap.)
7. yellow carrots. yes yellow. yes carrots. don't ask me, I went shopping at the Sahara mart because their produce is organic and just as cheap as the regular grocery store.
8. graham crackers. These take the socially unacceptable edge off the radishes and fresh veggies and also fill in the gaps if I get peckish.

All this to say, I really don't want to deal with my legal writing assignment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home