Created by OnePlusYou

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Just so y'all know:
1. I'm a feminist and not scared to say it.
2. I do NOT think in "webs of interconnectedness."
3. I do NOT think that the law is the appropriate context for a big sloppy group hug.
5. I happen to think that the "masculine" voice of rights, autonomy, and abstraction is a REALLY GOOD IDEA and it happens to be MY voice.
6. the things that bug me about Tort law are not things that bug me because I'm female but things that bug me because I'm HUMAN for crying out loud. And I happen to know for a fact that a lot of male people in my class FEEL THE SAME WAY.
7. I RESENT the casting of a Torts debate in terms of feminist v. patriarchal. It's divisive, it's oversimplistic, and it's completely useless.

To be fair, she wrote it in 1988. But I had to read it in 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home