Created by OnePlusYou

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

May 26

It was rainy today so I had lunch in the conference room at work. The outside of the USW building is designed a little like a waffle iron, and the windows inside are shaped accordingly.





My big triumph today was finding the bus stop! It's been hiding from me because of all the construction downtown but I finally found the little bugger. It's the difference between a 15 minute ride home and a ride that can take an hour plus. It's a little like finding the holy grail.

When I got home I needed to return some stuff to the library so I headed down the alley behind my house and found the following delights:





The local library really does need to be remodeled; here's what it looks like now.



Remember the monstrous huge church that I took a picture of a few days ago? This is what it looks like up close:



To get to the library I have to cross the Busway. The Busway is a special highway that's only for buses. The Busway is what makes my ride home only 15 minutes when a regular bus takes an hour. It doesn't look like much but the Busway is one of my favorite things about my neighborhood right now. As I was taking the picture, my bus came running under so I got a good shot of it. I waved.



Love, Sarah

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did the bus (or the driver) wave back?

Look for the David Lawrence Convention Center. That's where we were.

6:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oops. Previous comment was mine.

Mom

6:13 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

The bus *is* kind of wavy. It's one of those with an accordion in the middle so it can be twice as long...

11:12 AM  
Blogger Jroo98 said...

Dork.

11:23 AM  
Blogger melalvai said...

I meant to tell you on your previous post, that if you buy me some Turkish Delight, I can call you the White Witch, and White Witch, when you call me, you can call me Edmund.

(Doesn't have quite the same ring as Paul Simon's song, huh?)

6:39 AM  
Blogger Sarah said...

That's how you know Edmund was an idiot, because Turkish Delight is gross.

9:54 AM  
Anonymous Christopher said...

Dude, I'd wondered where my bike was...


Also, I think Nell's lyrics are better than Paul Simon's.

11:56 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home