Created by OnePlusYou

Thursday, June 03, 2010

Vermont by way of Washington D.C.

So I've been in Vermont for roughly an hour and have no pictures, much less impressions. But spending three days in D.C., even though it was wall-to-wall meetings with no free time whatsoever, did turn up a couple of pics. First, and this will only make sense to fans of P.G. Wodehouse, the Drones Club!



Second, I was secretly bemoaning to myself that this is my second trip to D.C. during which I have seen none of the sites, when they took us up to a conference room and we looked out the window and check out the view!!!






It was particularly exciting because when we asked whether we could take pictures, the GC said "take all you want through the window, but don't try to go out onto the balcony or the snipers will get you." I thought she was joking until later in the meeting I looked out the window and saw guys in all black walking across the White House roof. I turned to the attorney next to me and said "so...are those guys fixing the air conditioner?" and he said "Nope, those are the snipers. There's also a huge anti-aircraft gun that you can't see from here." I said "I think that may be the creepiest thing I've ever seen." And I wasn't even kidding.

Love,
Sarah

1 Comments:

Anonymous Christopher said...

The only problem that I can see with that picture of the Drones Club in DC is the double doors. You could easily get a stuffed moose through those, no problem. Nothing for the Committee to get on the warpath about.

1:37 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home