Created by OnePlusYou

Sunday, June 28, 2009

June 28

It's been a quiet week in Lake Duquesne...

I did find out that there's a Trader Joe's Store very near my house, which I'm told is a good thing. I went to check it out and came out with the silliest bottle of Pink Lemonade I think I have ever seen:



The weather has been fickle, almost like Kansas. Here's what it looks like downtown when it's about to storm:



I didn't have anything to do this afternoon so I went to the Mellon Park to read. It's an odd mixture of grandeur and dilapidation:



I walked by a horse truck and peeked inside to find donkeys, goats, and cows. I think they were a petting zoo.



Here's an old adding machine. I don't know why it was in the park or why someone decided to stick it on the balustrade. I imagine it was once hurled at the head of an unlucky clerk or secretary by an angry Mellon.



Maybe it was put there by this chipmunk, who was decidedly disgusted with my encroachment on his little Eden:



Then it started to rain (you can't see it in the picture, but trust me, it's there.)



I stayed dry under some thick trees & my umbrella. When it let up I came home. As soon as I got inside, the sun came out and it's been shining ever since. I don't mind; rain here isn't ferocious like rain in Kansas. It sort of pelts down gently and then says "there, there" and moves on. Everything is cool and still and quiet now.

Happy Anniversary, Jon!

Love,
Sarah

2 Comments:

Anonymous .christopher. said...

sounds like a groovy park visit. too bad ninetytwo wasn't there to chase that chipmunk...

11:41 PM  
Blogger Jroo98 said...

Thanks. We had a meat party.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home