Created by OnePlusYou

Friday, June 04, 2010

A few pictures of VT

So, I went to work at 9 this morning. Met my supervisor, who debriefed me on my projects, and met all the cool people I'll be working with--I have an awesome office of folks to work with! Here's a picture of the outside of the office:



I can't talk much about the things that I did today, except to say that one activity involved sitting in a meeting with a gubernatorial candidate. It was 3pm before I realized I hadn't eaten lunch yet so I walked down to a little wine and cheese shop and got, in addition to some pasta for lunch, fixins for a nice organic salad tonight. All the food I've seen so far has been some astonishing gourmet delight. Also, apparently everyone in Vermont is tall, thin, and beautiful. Maybe this weekend I'll get some pics.

There's a jazz festival downtown this weekend - Arturo Sandoval is one of the headliners - so once I've caught up on my sleep I'm going to head down there and check out the scene. This afternoon I went to a meeting at one of the hospitals, and on the way back, the lady I was riding with took me through downtown so I could see the sites. You head down main street and all of a sudden there's this deep blue lake at the end, with mountains up behind. It's a wonder to me that anyone can drive down the street without wrecking; all you want to do is look.

So, I didn't get any pics today -- too busy -- but here are some trees outside my hotel window:





And here's me grinning like a maniac in my hotel room:



I won't be in a hotel the whole time; I'm going to go check out a couple places this weekend so hopefully soon I'll have a real address. Until then, just email me or leave a comment here :)

Love,
Sarah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home