Created by OnePlusYou

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Last night one of my coworker's friend's band was playing at Parima, a Thai restaurant with an interesting roof that I've often noticed on Pearl Street. The interior is utterly charming, with booths in sweet little nooks, a vaulted ceiling, cool woodwork, and an atmosphere of deeply hip coziness. I have no idea how they pull it off, but I, who usually don't feel comfortable anywhere outside of a bathtub, was happy as a clam. The band, Coba Stella, was a fine example of Vermont imitating life, by which I mean they were entirely charming. If any New Englanders can be said to play trip hop, these New Englanders pulled it off with style.

I hear a rumor that there is salsa on a regular basis, which in my opinion is the only sensible thing for a hip venue to do when it is located in a state that has a 10-month winter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home