Created by OnePlusYou

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Didn't start out intending to bike all the way up to the Winooski river today, but once I got on the trail, I never wanted to stop.



I found places where people swim in the lake. Unofficially:


And officially:


You bike and bike and bike through woods and hills and I took a detour into the suburbs to get some sunscreen(!) but eventually I got to the old train bridge across the Winooski. If you look east off the bridge, you see the river:


If you look west off the bridge, it's all lake and mountains:



Either way it's pretty spectacular. The bike took a break to look:


After the bridge there's a little causeway and then some suburbs. I didn't find the end of the trail; not sure how much further it goes on.


Here's me and the bike enjoying the bridge:


When I got back to the house, there was the neighbor's cat in the garage:


He's a Hemingway cat!


We communed for a while:


I think I biked maybe 12-14 miles, which is small potatoes, but I will sleep well tonight!

Love,
Sarah

3 Comments:

Blogger melalvai said...

I think it's 8.3 miles, so you nearly did ride the whole thing out and back. Nice ride!

9:01 AM  
Anonymous christopher said...

wow. bike paths, forests, rivers, lakes, and a six toed cat at the end of it. a perfect day! wish i was there with you...

10:39 AM  
Blogger Christine said...

That gives beauty a different name! Wow! Wow! Wow!

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home