Created by OnePlusYou

Saturday, June 05, 2010

Downtown Burlington

Today I did my first exploration of the town, which is a college town and therefore full of cute streets, shops, etc. The coolest thing I've seen about Burlington so far is the lake:





Down at the very end of this street is a ferry that will take you to New York, although why you'd want to go there is beyond me:




Rather than have the pedestrians fight with the traffic, the city has closed off all of Church Street and devoted it to consumerism:






And I accidentally bumped into the Farmer's Market, which is as big as Bloomington's, only with fried samosas and eggrolls and stuff:



I also looked at a room someone's trying to rent out; good news is that it's in an adorable house in an adorable neighborhood and my housemates are never there. Bad news is I would have to share. That seems to be basically what's available in this town - I think summer housing is a premium because Burlington is a vacation destination. So I may just have to bite the bullet and share. (Those of you related to me know how difficult a proposition that is for me!) I'm willing to do it to get out of the hotel; while my suite is a very good temporary situation, it is inconveniently located and ill-appointed and I will be really glad to have a place with things like a place to hang my suits, an iron, and bathroom counters.

The good news is that I have met exceedingly helpful, friendly, all-around decent people today! Even the guy who was showing me the room seems like someone C. and I would naturally hang out with. And speaking of C., a special message: Dupa! Every male person here has a huge beard! There's a place for you in New England!

Love,
Sarah

1 Comments:

Anonymous .Christopher. said...

Anyplace with beards must be a good place. Beards + a farmer's market = good place!

10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home