Created by OnePlusYou

Friday, June 11, 2010

Today was my first bus-only day. Apparently women built my bus stop, which is nice:


Here's a yard in my neighborhood that's all about frogs:




After work I went for a looooong walk downtown. Lots of lakeside pictures:



Here's the Burlington Shipyard:


You can't tell but these are pictures of a lighthouse:





Here's some pay-only gig that was annoying:


Eventually I turned inland and wandered into the jazz festival that's raging downtown. These chicks are sitting in front of a sign that says "Please Do Not Sit On Platform:"



The next block over was a big crowd:


As I got closer I could hear what they were crowding around: Salsa!



The salsa was playing in front of a castle:



Salsa + Castle = a uniquely Vermont combination:



I happen to adore salsa so I had a good time bobbing around and watching the people. A note on New Englanders: They are without exception tall and thin with beautiful noses. The men all look like Spalding Grey, and the women have no rear ends. Neither sex has any rhythm, which makes them funny to watch in front of a salsa band. Some professional salsa dancers got up on stage to demonstrate how it was done, and when the female dancers moved their hips, I actually saw a couple people spontaneously combust. I'm going to remember next time there's a frost advisory: to get warm in New England, listen to music that was not made by northern Europeans. Aiiiiiiiiyaiyaiyai!

1 Comments:

Anonymous christopher said...

wow. chick-built busstops, frogs everywhere, a beautiful lake, secret lighthouses, anarchist sitters, castles and music festivals... so what does suck about burlington? the fact that you're there and i'm here. otherwise, it sounds like a seriously groovy place.

11:57 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home